Niche: What is it? 🤔
You probably already heard about “niche” and how much important it is 🧐
It took me some time to understand it clearly because there is so much misinformation out there.
Some people refer to niche like it is your target audience. Other people say it is your field.
I’ll make it easy for you: Your niche is your specialization inside the field you are acting on.
Look at these examples for a better understanding:
Niche: Let’s see 3 examples – Instagram Marketing; Social Media Marketing; Instagram Marketing for Service-based businesses.
1) Instagram Marketing – Meaning that your field is Marketing, but your specialization is Marketing for Instagram.
2) But you also don’t need to be too specific. Your niche could also be Social Media Marketing. Although it is a bit more general (because you would deal with all Social Media platforms and not just with Instagram), it is still a niche because inside of the Marketing field, you would be specialized in Social Media, instead of physical marketing, for example.
3) Or you can be even more specific and make it Instagram Marketing for Service-based Businesses. Meaning that if someone needs to market a physical product, they don’t fit your offers. You will only sell products and services to help people who want to sell a service.
Here is when some people confuse the niche with the target audience, thinking that “service-based businesses” are the target audience. It is not. It is just a way to make it even more specific, meaning you are not talking to everyone who wants to market their businesses on Instagram. You are only focusing on service-based businesses.
The target audience is much more specific. Inside of the service-based businesses, your target audience would be, for example, enterprising women; age between 25 to 40; income range from 3k to 10k.
So, you would make your strategy aiming at this audience, which would be completely different than if your target audience was enterprising man, age between 40 to 50; income range from 30k to 50k.
Note: You can go even deeper when you are defining your target audience. This was just an off-topic example to make it clear the difference between niche and target audience.
As you can see, there are lots of possibilities.
Why is it so important? 🤔
Let’s suppose you are a service-based business, and you need to increase your sales on Social Media. Who would you choose?
Sometimes it can get even worse, and you start seeing people mixing different fields, like “I am a Sales Coach, Designer, and Instagram Strategist” 😂
Picking a niche and sticking to it helps you to build trust and credibility in that niche.
Without a niche somewhere in your journey, you will feel completely lost… you will lack clarity! What is the next step? Who is my audience? How should I market my product? What is the best offer for my audience?
Can you already feel the pain? It will hit you hard! 😰
You will face countless questions, and you won’t be able to answer them because you created such a messy brand.
Trying to speak to everyone is one of the biggest mistakes you can make.
Find your niche and stick to it. That’s the way to easily understand your audience and create offers that solve their problems.
How can you find your niche? 🤔
What you are good and passionate about + what people want/ need. Your niche should be a mix of both.
Let’s keep the marketing example in mind:
This was my process to find my niche: My field is Marketing, but I like Social Media Marketing more than Physical Marketing, and also nowadays, it is crucial to have a Social Media presence. And I’m focusing on Instagram because it is one of the biggest and best social media platforms to grow a business and get clients.
After that, you need to find out if your niche is profitable:
• Look at other pages in the same niche. Do they have a high engagement? Do they have clients’ case studies? Look for signs of success.
• What kind of material are they using? Usually, when people have success, they make investments.
If you already found your niche, it is time to start creating content to attract your ideal audience and convert them into fans and clients! Get the bundle Content Creation Made Easy and start now creating amazing Instagram carousels.